KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — Knoxville police have identified the driver arrested after a low-speed pursuit Wednesday afternoon.
Jimmy Key, 68, was arrested and charged with driving under the influence and evading arrest Wednesday afternoon after a low-speed pursuit on I-40 East.
According to Knoxville police’s preliminary report, Knoxville Police Department officers initially responded to a report of a passed out driver behind the wheel of a chevy minivan on Rutledge Pike. The caller telling police the driver left the scene with a flat tire.
KPD officers attempted to stop the driver around 4:22 p.m., but they did not comply and traveled no more than 30 miles per hour in the right lane of Interstate 40 East.
Officers were able to deploy stopsticks between the Rutledge Pike exit and the Interstate 640 interchange, and the vehicle came to a stop just before the Millertown exit.
Key was taken into custody without incident around 4:38 p.m.
No other injuries were reported.
WATE 6 On Your Side is working to learn more and will update this story as additional information is made available.
- Secretary of State makes surprise trip to Afghanistan after Biden announces he’s pulling troops from region
- More ‘plus-up’ stimulus payments on the way to taxpayers this week, IRS says
- Former Vice President Mike Pence received pacemaker, full recovery expected
- After lost dog found, owner says pet rescue won’t give it back
- Almost half of Republicans say they won’t get COVID vaccine in survey