KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — The man accused of shooting a woman in the face and then dumping her body in a Knoxville alleyway appeared in court Friday morning.
Robert Atkins, 38, faces charges including first-degree murder, tampering with evidence, and several firearm-related counts.
Officers discovered the body of 29-year-old Kaitlyne Warwick in the alley between Iredell and Pickett avenues earlier this year. Knoxville Police’s Violent Crimes Unit linked Atkins to her murder.
Atkins was later located and arrested at a home along Pickett Avenue.
Atkins learned in court Friday that he will likely be back in court Monday because the judge needs to appoint him an attorney.
- FBI: Alec Baldwin pulled trigger in deadly ‘Rust’ shooting
- Rapper A$AP Rocky charged in connection with 2021 shooting in Hollywood
- Sen. Blackburn visits Vanderbilt for introduction of military exoskeleton brace
- Billions would die from starvation in nuclear war, research finds
- Are restaurant meals really cheaper than cooking at home?