(WABC-TV) – A New York City art gallery owner says a group of teenagers attacked him because he was wearing a red “Make America Great Again” hat.
Jahangir Turan, 42, told police he bought the hat Tuesday.
He said he was wearing it when he left the subway and heard someone yell profanities at him.
Turan said he was jumped from behind by at least 15 people.
He was able to walk away, and decided not go to the hospital to get checked out. But his face was swollen and bruised at a news conference Thursday.
“I love President Trump, I think he’s doing a great job, it’s just sad because to get beat up like this, for wearing this type of hat, it’s just — you know, this is America, you know? Everybody has their right.”
An investigation is ongoing.
No arrests have been made.
- Positively Tennessee: A walk to end Alzheimer’s
- Four victims including two twelve year-old’s injured by 57 year-old woman with a knife
- Man injured with burns after his boat caught fire
- Powell couple reunites found cat with South Carolina family
- Tennessee-Florida: What Vols coach Jeremy Pruitt said after the 34-3 loss