UPDATE: (11:30 A.M., Jan. 7) – A homicide investigation is underway by the Knoxville Police Department after a shooting victim who was hospitalized Wednesday was pronounced dead.
The victim was identified as Harry Upshaw, 44, of Knoxville. ‘
KPD Violent Crimes Unit investigators are continuing to pursue all active leads. No suspects have been identified at this time. Anyone with information relevant to the investigation is urged to call the Crime and Drug Hotline at 865-215-7212. Tipsters can remain anonymous.
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Knoxville Police investigators are looking for answers after a man was critically injured in a shooting early Wednesday.
Officers responded to a reported shooting at Fuller Avenue and Wilder Place around 2:30 a.m. Wednesday. A male victim was found inside of a vehicle and transported to UT Medical Center with life-threatening injuries, according to KPD release.
The shooting is under investigation by the Knoxville Police Department Violent Crimes Unit.
Anyone with information on the shooting is urged to call the Crime and Drug Hotline at 865-215-7212. The department reminds the public that tipsters can remain anonymous.
- Widespread power outage reported in Dandridge area
- Warming Center opens up for winter at Maryville church
- Blount Memorial Hospital CEO resigns after months of back and forth with county mayor
- Charges pending after motorcyclist killed in West Knox County crash
- Knox County farmers asking for protection from suburban development