WILSON COUNTY, Tenn. (WKRN) — A 27-year-old North Carolina man reported missing after an EF-3 tornado tore through Mt. Juliet early Tuesday morning has been found safe in Knoxville.
According to police, an officer encountered Benjamin Fitch, who explained he was waiting on a ride back to North Carolina. A tornado hit Mt. Juliet about an hour later, killing at least three people in the area.
Police said early Wednesday morning they had received word that Fitch’s ride did arrive, but he had not been located.
Hours after the alert was issued for Fitch, officers said he was found safe in Knoxville.
- Newsfeed Now: Tracking Beta; Battle over SCOTUS vacancy heats up
- Caught on camera: Large bull elk bugling amid herd of cows in Colorado
- SUV driver leaves crash scene, gets into second crash and dies, police say
- Watch: Trout air-dropped into mountain lakes by airplane in Colorado
- ‘I’m outside your mom’s house’: Woman accused of texting boyfriend before fire that killed mother