ORIENTAL, N.C. (WNCT) – People say dogs are a man’s best friend.
That is proving to be especially true for one North Carolina Navy veteran.
Rudy Armstrong spends most of his time with his chihuahua Bu-Bu on his boat in Oriental.
One morning Armstrong felt sick, and told Bu-Bu to get help.
The dog ran out the door, and five minutes later came back with the dock master, who called 911.
Armstrong was taken to CarolinaEast Medical Center, where doctors determined he was suffering a stroke.
Armstrong says he can’t wait to be back with his life-saving Bu-Bu.
“I’m excited about getting to see her. I mean she sleeps with me, when I go someplace in the car she goes with me, and all that. You know I mean we do everything together”, he explains.
Armstrong is still in the hospital, but says he’s recovering nicely.
- Pres. Trump, Biden to hold campaign events in battleground states
- Biden campaign launches ‘TrumpCovidPlan.com’ — a site that reads ‘Not Found’
- Record surge: US shatters single-day mark of COVID-19 cases
- With Charlie Brown specials gone from TV, here’s how to watch them for free
- Second stimulus checks: White House less optimistic than Pelosi on pre-election deal