KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Update: The FBI saying that the Emory Road bank robber from Jan. 10 has been arrested in Escambia County, Fla.
57-year-old Timothy James Langford has been arrested in connection to multiple bank robberies, including one that took place on Emory Road at a Regions Bank.
The investigation is still ongoing.
East Tennessee authorities are searching for a man who robbed a Knoxville bank Friday morning.
Just after 9:00 a.m., Knoxville Police Department officers responded to a robbery at the Regions Bank at 601 E. Emory Road. A white male suspect entered the bank, handed a note to the teller and fled the bank on foot with an undisclosed amount of U.S. currency.
The suspect remains at large at this time.
KPD officers Knox County Sheriff’s deputies are searching the area. The incident is being jointly investigated by the FBI Knoxville Field Office and the KPD.
If anyone has any information, they are asked to please call 865-544-0751.
- 3 people in custody in connection with scam say Loudon County, Blount County Sheriff Officers
- Group calls on KUB to provide affordable utilities for lower-income customers
- Knoxville Police assists in the search for suspect in downtown Knoxville
- Knoxville Police Department joins search to find Summer Wells
- Knoxville Mayor, Knox County Superintendent agree on new MOA