MARYVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — A new leader is taking the reins at Maryville College.
In a ceremony Thursday, Bryan Coker was announced as the new president of the school.
He replaces Dr. Tom Bogart who is stepping down at the end of the semester. The board of directors spent the last few months searching for someone to step into the role.
Coker, who received his higher education administration doctorate degree from the University of Tennessee-Knoxville, called it an honor to be back in East Tennessee. He also served as director of student judicial affairs at the University of Tennessee-Knoxville for four years.
Coker adds he has big plans for the school but wants to keep tradition alive as well.
- PHOTOS: Black Lives Matter Knoxville Rally on Friday, May 29
- Georgia teen pens 300 letters urging elected officials to protect prisoners from coronavirus
- No one-year ‘slashing and burning’ of the state budget says governor’s finance commissioner
- SpaceX, NASA monitoring weather for targeted launch of historic crewed mission on Saturday
- Trump meets with CEOs to discuss how to safely reopen economy