MARYVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — A new leader is taking the reins at Maryville College.
In a ceremony Thursday, Bryan Coker was announced as the new president of the school.
He replaces Dr. Tom Bogart who is stepping down at the end of the semester. The board of directors spent the last few months searching for someone to step into the role.
Coker, who received his higher education administration doctorate degree from the University of Tennessee-Knoxville, called it an honor to be back in East Tennessee. He also served as director of student judicial affairs at the University of Tennessee-Knoxville for four years.
Coker adds he has big plans for the school but wants to keep tradition alive as well.
- Idaho governor signs legislation allowing execution by firing squad
- What is the Marburg virus? Another country reports outbreak of ‘highly virulent’ disease
- Have a job and a side gig? Watch for these missteps
- NYC bill would ban discrimination based on weight
- Crash that killed two Amish children raises questions about buggy safety