KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Knoxville is one of two U.S. cities selected by McDonald’s to test a brand-new chicken sandwich.
McDonald’s announced Monday they are testing a new chicken sandwich in Knoxville and Houston, Texas as they look to keep pace with the growing influence of Chick-fil-a and Popeyes.
There are 30 McDonald’s locations within 50 miles of Knoxville. 29 confirmed that they would be serving the sandwich. The Maryville McDonald’s on Foothills Dr did not respond.
A McDonald’s spokesperson told CNBC that the test will run from Monday, Dec. 2 through Jan. 26.
Per CNBC’s report, the sandwich consists of a fried chicken filet on a potato roll with butter and pickles. A deluxe version of the sandwich is available with tomatoes, lettuce and mayo.
The sandwiches will use a new chicken filet not previously seen at McDonald’s, Business Insider says.
“Houston and Knoxville are getting a sneak peek, everyone else should stay tuned for what’s to come in 2020,” a McDonald’s spokesperson told Business Insider.
- Christmas miracle: Teen gets new heart, kidney at Children’s Hospital in Ohio
- James ‘Radio’ Kennedy dies at 73
- Scott City fourth-grader rescues another student with Heimlich maneuver
- Maryville Police Department seeking community help
- UPDATE: All I-40 lanes open after a tanker truck hauling hazardous materials tipped into median