MEIGS COUNTY, Tenn. (WATE) – A 5-year-old girl is recovering this morning after being shot in the head with a crossbow, according to the Meigs County Sheriff’s Office.
Meigs County Sheriff Jackie Melton calls what happened, “a tragic accident”.
Melton told WTVC the girl’s brother aimed it a wall and accidentally pulled the trigger. She was taken to an area hospital for surgery and at last check was alert and talking.
The identity of the victim has not been released.
This is a developing story.
- More than a dozen Capitol officers sick with COVID-19, report says
- Oklahoma judge orders ‘Tiger King’ zoo to turn over big cats
- ‘Little old West Virginia’ sets pace on vaccine rollout
- Alleged white supremacist arrested after ankle monitor puts him at Capitol riot
- Women to wear pearls, Converse on Inauguration Day in Harris’ honor