NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) — There are now 5,750 confirmed cases of COVID-19 and an additional patient has died in Davidson County as of Wednesday according to the Metro Public Health Department.
There has been a total of 65 deaths in Davidson County. The total number of confirmed cases grew by 133 in the past 24 hours. The most recent death reported in Davidson County was a 64-year-old woman who had underlying health conditions.
A reported 4,319 individuals have recovered from the virus. Of the confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Davidson County, 1,366 are “active.” The remaining cases are self-isolated at their homes and have mild and manageable symptoms.
The age range of patients is from one month old to 100 years old, 3,095 of which are men, 2,468 are women and the gender of 187 patients is unknown.
Of the 61,209 tests performed in the county, 5,750 (9.4%) had positive results. Negative results total 55,459.
The health department reported available hospital beds in Nashville are at 23% and available ICU beds are at 21%.
The COVID-19 Hotline received 130 calls on Tuesday.
To be tested at a Davidson County assessment center, call the COVID-19 Hotline at 615-862-7777 to speak with a health care professional.
- Coronavirus Timeline: Total COVID-19 cases near 175K, deaths now stand at 2,097 in the state
- CHART: Tennessee Department of Health’s count of coronavirus cases by day in state
- Greene County mayor extends mask mandate through September 30
- Video and pictures of packed house party near KU campus spark concern as virus cases rise
- Tennessee Coronavirus: Two weeks into September, state has seen a 12.48% increase in COVID-19 cases and a 19.56% increase in deaths
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Knox County reports smallest 1-day increase in new cases so far in September
- Oxford and AstraZeneca resume coronavirus vaccine trial
- Tennessee Coronavirus: Total COVID-19 cases reach 171,824 with 933 new cases reported Sunday
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Inactive cases rise by 204 as Knox County reports 121 new cases & no new deaths
- As Trump played down virus, health experts’ alarm grew
- Dakotas lead US in virus growth as both reject mask rules
- Tennessee Coronavirus: COVID-19 deaths hit 2,064 with 39 new ones reported Saturday
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Inactive cases rise by 229 as Knox County reports 189 new cases & 3 new deaths
- As restaurants, bars re-open amid coronavirus, CDC study urges caution
- Ohio college students test positive for coronavirus, throw party