MURFREESBORO, Tenn. (AP) — A Murfreesboro attorney is giving away free divorce representation to one client for Valentine’s Day.
W. Scott Kimberly said in a news release on the giveaway that for many people Valentine’s Day is “another reminder that they remain trapped in a relationship that they cannot leave because of financial problems, because of a spouse who refuses to agree to a divorce, or for some other reason.”
This is reportedly the third year the Murfreesboro divorce attorney will give away his services. Last year, Kimberly selected two winners, saying he had a hard time narrowing down the entries.
Applicants are asked to share the story of why they want a divorce. Applications are accepted through Valentine’s Day with a winner selected on Feb. 17.
Although Kimberly won’t charge for his services, the winner will be responsible for court costs and filing fees.
“This giveaway is a chance to help someone move on with their life,” Kimberly said.
- Seymour VFD: 1 injured after truck drives through South Knoxville Burger King
- Knoxville Police: Man wanted for assaulting security guard after stealing from Kroger
- Vice Mayor: Former Nashville Metro Council member dies from COVID-19
- TN Dept of Health: 2,075 new cases of COVID-19, 862 new recoveries
- Foot Locker turning U.S. stores into temporary voter registration sites