FRANKLIN, Tenn. (AP) — Police in Middle Tennessee say they were called to a Chick-fil-A restaurant after employees reported someone left a loaded gun in a bathroom stall.
The Tennessean reports Franklin police received calls from the restaurant saying someone had discovered the weapon around 9:30 p.m. on Friday. Police said staffers secured the firearm until authorities arrived. The owner of the gun later called and said he forgot his gun in the stall.
The newspaper reports no charges have been filed.
Franklin Lt. Charles Warner encouraged parents to talk with their children about the incident and instruct them never to touch discarded or forgotten weapons.
- WATCH: Friday Frenzy Week 10 game highlights
- See the 71 movies titles coming to Netflix in November
- Asteroid samples escaping from jammed NASA spacecraft: ‘Time is of the essence’
- Navy: ‘Aircrew did not survive’ crash in Alabama neighborhood
- Officials track down first-ever ‘murder hornet’ nest in Washington state