MARYSVILLE, Calif. (KRON) – Shaun Weiss, who starred in the 90’s hockey film “The Mighty Ducks,” was arrested on Tuesday after he allegedly broke into a house while high on methamphetamine.
According to police, 41-year-old Weiss of Van Nuys broke into a garage in the 600 block of 11th Street before smashing through the windshield of a car inside the garage.
Responding officers said Weiss was inside the car when they got to the scene, and he was displaying signs of being high on meth.
They ordered him to get out and he was taken into custody.
Weiss played Greg Goldberg in the 1992 film.
In 2018 Weiss was arrested for public intoxication in Oroville. Mugshots of him from that arrest went viral after shocked fans noted his gaunt appearance.
Weiss was charged with petty theft in July 2017 and was released after 12 days in prison, but he was arrested soon after that for possession of methamphetamine.
He spent three months in prison for that charge.
After his 2018 arrest, Weiss wrote on social media that he had checked in to a long-term rehabilitation center, saying he had hit “BELOW rock bottom” and that his life was in “imminent danger.”
He vowed his recovery, saying he was “determined to return to my old self.”
Marysville is located in Yuba County, about 41 miles north of Sacramento.
- Fired Buffalo officer who stopped fellow cop’s chokehold on Black suspect wins pension
- Bill letting students opt out of LGBTQ material heads to gov
- Video: Driver smashes through traffic arm, jumps Florida drawbridge
- 12-year-old boy dies after trying viral ‘blackout challenge’
- Weinstein accuser breaks silence to push for consent law as former producer seeks new trial