UPDATE: A Knoxville Police Department spokesperson confirmed Thursday that Lanysja Rodgers has been safely located.
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – The Knoxville Police Department is asking for the public’s help in finding a missing and endangered teen last seen Wednesday.
UPDATE: KPD said just before 10 p.m. she may have been seen near the Second United Methodist Church on Western Avenue.
According to KPD, the 16-year-old female, Lanysja Rodgers, is considered endangered due to “diminished mental capacity.”
She was reported missing around 3:42 p.m. Wednesday after leaving 600 Arthur Street on foot toward an unknown direction of travel, police said.
She is approximately 5’2”, weighting 135 pounds with stringy hair that is dyed yellowish-orange, according to KPD.
If you see Lanysja, please immediately call the KPD at 865-215-4010.
- Exclusive poll shows support for George Floyd protests, disapproval of Trump’s response
- Hamblen Co. Sheriff: Suspected rioter in custody following search
- GSMNP: Vehicle-free Wednesdays coming to Cades Cove
- Advocates call for expanding mail-in voting to counter COVID-19 fears
- Cinema chain AMC warns it may not survive the pandemic