NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) — Animal Rescue Corps. rescued a 27-year-old monkey from a home in East Tennessee.
ARC said Nikki was left with a caretaker about six months ago after her original owners abandoned her.
Nikki was found locked in a parrot cage in a living room in a home in Athens, Tennessee.
ARC rescued Nikki and drove her 13 hours to Oklahoma.
A primate sanctuary there will give her medical treatment and integrate her to a new life with other monkeys of her same species.
- Historic WWII B-17G bomber to be showcased in Sevierville this week
- Americans sweet on chocolate, baked goods during pandemic, study finds
- Looking for love? Skip this popular Halloween costume
- Halloween goes on at the White House with a few twists
- Officials track down first-ever ‘murder hornet’ nest in Washington state