NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) — Animal Rescue Corps. rescued a 27-year-old monkey from a home in East Tennessee.
ARC said Nikki was left with a caretaker about six months ago after her original owners abandoned her.
Nikki was found locked in a parrot cage in a living room in a home in Athens, Tennessee.
ARC rescued Nikki and drove her 13 hours to Oklahoma.
A primate sanctuary there will give her medical treatment and integrate her to a new life with other monkeys of her same species.
- Fort Benning Chaplain builds hospital in Uganda
- Prince Harry raps ‘Fresh Prince,’ says he didn’t walk away in first interview since being stripped of royal duties
- Cat that vanished 15 years ago reunited with her owner
- Stanford professor answers a modern quandary: Why is Zoom so exhausting?
- Video shows burglars tunneling into Oregon stores to steal $10K in equipment