MONROE COUNTY, Tenn. (WATE) – Heavy rain trapped one man on the roof of his car in Monroe County early Thursday.
Monroe County Dispatch confirmed a man called 9-1-1 around midnight to report the flooding along Murray’s Chapel Road.
RELATED: How to drive safely in the rain
Dispatchers coached him out of his car safely during the flooding and onto the car roof to wait for rescue crews.
After about an hour and a half, the man was successfully rescued. No injuries have been reported.
- 100 days until the start of the Tokyo Olympics
- ‘It’s time to end America’s longest war’: Biden details timeline to pull troops from Afghanistan
- Jay Cutler, Kristin Cavallari sued over alleged dog bite in Middle Tennessee
- Driver arrested after beloved goose killed at Middle Tennessee marina
- 18-year-old found dead at Crossville home