SWEETWATER, Tenn. (WATE) — The emergency room at Sweetwater Hospital after it was shut down temporarily because of a generator that caught fire Wednesday.

According to Monroe County EMA director Chad Leming, the malfunctioning generator was releasing smoke into the hospital. It also caught fire, but Leming said it was put out quickly.

This incident did cause a few patients to be moved to other area hospitals. The all-clear has been given to patients for normal activities to resume. The ER was shut down for the time being according to Leming. The hospital has since announced that the ER is back open.

Editors note: This story has been updated with new information.