OAKDALE, Tenn. (WATE) – An 11-year-old boy receiving a special honor in Morgan County after saving another student’s life when they began choking.
Morgan County Sheriff Wayne Potter said Tucker Tapp from Oakdale School noticed a student choking on a chicken nugget when he sprang into action.
The sheriff’s office presented Tucker with an honorary Morgan County Sheriff’s Department membership along with a t-shirt and certificate.
Sheriff Potter called Tucker’s actions, “truly heroic”.
- Sevier County rental cabin fire extinguished before spreading to surrounding woods
- TBI cold case update: Others may have been involved in 2010 murder of Monroe Co. election commissioner
- ‘Viral shedding’: What is it and when are people with COVID-19 most infectious?
- Safe Thanksgiving travel tips amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Dolly Parton picks up a 2021 Grammy nomination