OAKDALE, Tenn. (WATE) – An 11-year-old boy receiving a special honor in Morgan County after saving another student’s life when they began choking.
Morgan County Sheriff Wayne Potter said Tucker Tapp from Oakdale School noticed a student choking on a chicken nugget when he sprang into action.
The sheriff’s office presented Tucker with an honorary Morgan County Sheriff’s Department membership along with a t-shirt and certificate.
Sheriff Potter called Tucker’s actions, “truly heroic”.
- Dispatch: Rockslide in Campbell County impacting traffic on Highway 90
- Golfer drowns in pond while searching for his ball at Florida country club
- Here’s what’s coming to Netflix in March
- KFD: 1 person hospitalized due to smoke inhalation from fire, pulled from home by nearby nurse
- Knoxville family celebrates ‘Rare Disease Day’ and new FDA-approved treatment