MORRISTOWN, Tenn. (WATE) – A gas leak in Morristown is under control after a ditch digger struck a gas line Friday morning.
A gas leak on Freshour Street resulted in a small fire that was controlled by first responders, the city tweeted around 9:30 a.m. Fifty people were evacuated and students at nearby Lincoln Heights Elementary and Lincoln Heights Middle sheltered in place as a precaution.
The city announced the leak had been shut off just before 10 a.m.
No injuries were reported during the incident.
- Knoxville’s newly-renovated Maple Hall reopening Tuesday
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority’s Knoxville Alumnae holding Mardi Gras charity gala
- Public memorial service remembers the private Kobe Bryant
- UT police seeking man wanted for questioning for vehicle burglary, fraud
- Knoxville Polar Plunge raises money for Tennessee Special Olympics