MORRISTOWN, Tenn. (WATE) – A gas leak in Morristown is under control after a ditch digger struck a gas line Friday morning.
A gas leak on Freshour Street resulted in a small fire that was controlled by first responders, the city tweeted around 9:30 a.m. Fifty people were evacuated and students at nearby Lincoln Heights Elementary and Lincoln Heights Middle sheltered in place as a precaution.
The city announced the leak had been shut off just before 10 a.m.
No injuries were reported during the incident.
- Belmont University preparing for final presidential debate
- Candy factory giveaway: Willy Wonka-like ‘golden ticket’ search begins this week
- What time is the debate? What to know before Trump and Biden take the stage
- 90-year-old Florida man hits hole-in-one
- Rhode Island teacher transforms conservation land into outdoor classroom