KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – The attorney of Tennessee offensive lineman Cade Mays has filed a motion with the NCAA to reconsider his eligibility for the 2020 season.
Attorney Greg Isaacs said the motion was filed last week and he expects to see a response in the near future. Mays was denied immediate eligibility in August after transferring from the University of Georgia in January.
If the NCAA denies the motion, Mays would still be able to file an appeal of the ruling.
The 5-star high school recruit from Knoxville Catholic started 18 games at four different positions in his final two season at Georgia.
LATEST IN ORANGE & WHITE NATION:
- Lady Vols beat Western Kentucky 87-47 in season opener
- Huskers’ Walker to sit 16 games for violation at Tennessee
- Tennessee-Gonzaga game cancelled as Vols extend COVID-19 shutdown
- SEC: Vols vs. Vanderbilt postponed, allowing Vandy to reschedule game against Missouri
- During Vols’ 5-game losing streak, they’ve been outscored 108 to 14 in the second half