KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – A motorcyclist died in a single-vehicle crash in Knoxville early Friday, police confirmed.
The Knoxville Police Department officers responded to a single-vehicle crash involving a motorcycle at Blackstock Avenue near Hannah Avenue at about 12:15 a.m. Friday. The male driver, who was the only occupant of the motorcycle, was pronounced deceased at the scene.
Based on an officer investigation at the scene, the motorcycle appeared to be traveling eastbound on Blackstock Avenue at a high rate of speed when it lost control and left the roadway before coming to rest in the parking lot.
The deceased was transported to the Regional Forensic Center for further investigation.
- Four fires in 10 days in Claxton community: What firefighters want you to avoid
- UTPD corporal helps save man’s life in I-40 fifth-wheel camper fire incident
- Rapid growth needs rapid power: TVA asking for comments on proposed transmission project in Hardin Valley
- Pilot donating round-up proceeds to Wreaths Across America, other local organizations
- Construction begins on new entrance to Cove at Concord Park