KINGSTON, Tenn. (WATE) – A 60-year-old motorcyclist from Illinois was injured in a four-vehicle wreck on Interstate 40 in Roane County near the Oak Ridge exit on Saturday afternoon.
The accident began when a Harley-Davidson motorcycle driven by Katryn M. Moreau, 60, of Belleville, Ill., ran into the back of a tractor-trailer that was showing down in congested traffic, according to a preliminary report by the Tennessee Highway Patrol.
The motorcycle went down and Moreau suffered injuries.
A Toyota Sienna driven by Judith F. McKinney, 68, of Kingston was behind the motorcycle and slowed down to avoid a collision, but it was hit in the rear by a Ford van driven by Martin Saldivar Munoz, 42, of Raleigh, N.C., the THP report said.
McKinney’s van was pushed into the motorcycle and the tractor-trailer.
Charges are pending against Moreau. Munoz was charged with failure to drive with due care, according to the report.
The tractor-trailer was driven by Laveus Franckel, 46, of Orlando, Fla.
In addition to THP, on the scene are the Roane County Sheriff’s Office, the Kingston Fire Department, and the Tennessee Department of Transportation.
The accident happened around 2 p.m. and tied up traffic for a couple of hours.
- 6 Storm Team Starwatch: Monday, November 18th – Sunday, November 24th 2019
- Sheriff’s Office looking for man charged with aggravated kidnapping and rape
- GSMNP executing prescribed burn in Cades Cove Monday, November 18
- Five Below to start selling items more than $5
- Kids facing cancer treated to ‘Train to Christmas Town’