HOUSTON (CNN/NEXSTAR) — If 2020 couldn’t get any wilder, NASA now predicts an asteroid will come close to earth the day before the U.S. election.
The agency said the asteroid is named “2018V-P-1.” Its diameter is around 6.5 feet, according to the Center for Near Earth Objects Studies at NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory.
It was first identified from Palomar Observatory in San Diego County in November of 2018.
The object will come close to our atmosphere around November 2 but the probability of it impacting earth is very small at just 0.41%.
- Hamblen County deputies investigating aggravated burglary in Whitesburg area
- NYC’s first African-American mayor, David Dinkins, dies at 93
- Ghislaine Maxwell in COVID quarantine after prison staffer gets virus
- Pennsylvania halts alcohol sales in bars, restaurants night before Thanksgiving
- Coronavirus pandemic blamed for rise in violent crimes across the U.S.