NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) — Ahead of Tuesday night’s Metro Council meeting, government and faith leaders gathered to pray for healing on a site of damage and destruction.
The prayer vigil was spearheaded by Metro Deputy Mayor of Community Engagement, Brenda Haywood and held on the steps of the Metro Historic Courthouse.
She said, “I think we know what’s wrong, and I think it’s time for us to right that wrong. I think it’s time for us to own whats wrong.”
- Second stimulus checks: How SCOTUS battle could derail $1,200 direct payments
- LIVE: Kentucky AG announces results in Breonna Taylor shooting death probe; 1 officer indicted
- Pregnant woman pulls husband to safety after shark attack in Florida Keys
- Pair arrested after missing person found dismembered in lake at California golf course
- Tennessee absentee mail-in voters can track their ballot online