CEDARTOWN, Ga. (AP) – Police in Georgia have released body camera video showing the moment an officer was hit by a train while on duty.
News outlets report Polk County officer Andy Anderson suffered a concussion and broke several bones in the collision near Rockmart on Tuesday.
The moment of impact was recorded on the officer’s 360 degree body camera.
The police chief says Anderson was so focused on catching the suspect that he didn’t realize how close he was to the tracks.
Anderson is expected to make a full recovery. Police say the suspect, 18-year-old Jayden Moats, got away and still hasn’t been arrested.
- East TN school districts keeping potential coronavirus impacts on their radar
- The Business Buzz: Fanatic Brewing Company grand opening this weekend
- HCSO: Man charged after biting deputy twice
- Lady Vols take down Ole Miss 77-66 on senior night
- KFC employee in Yadkinville, N.C. tells News Channel 11 she reported possible Evelyn sighting to TBI on Tuesday