CEDARTOWN, Ga. (AP) – Police in Georgia have released body camera video showing the moment an officer was hit by a train while on duty.
News outlets report Polk County officer Andy Anderson suffered a concussion and broke several bones in the collision near Rockmart on Tuesday.
The moment of impact was recorded on the officer’s 360 degree body camera.
The police chief says Anderson was so focused on catching the suspect that he didn’t realize how close he was to the tracks.
Anderson is expected to make a full recovery. Police say the suspect, 18-year-old Jayden Moats, got away and still hasn’t been arrested.
- TBI: 70-year-old man considered armed and dangerous in double homicide
- Knoxville mother loses two children to gun violence in less than two years
- KCSO: 1 dead, 1 injured in West Knox shooting
- Protests after video shows police car driving through crowd of pedestrians in Washington state
- Senate Republican leader McConnell offers support for power-sharing deal with Democrats