The daughter of one of America's most notorious serial killers, Dennis Rader, who was known as the BTK killer is now speaking out.
Rader tortured and murdered ten people in Wichita, Kansas. He then sent police and local media a letter detailing his crimes. Rader led a double life as a husband, father of two children, president of his local church and boy scout leader.
After Radar killed his last victim in 1991, he went quiet for over a decade. He was ultimately arrested in 2005 and pled guilty.
He is currently serving ten consecutive life sentences.
When asked if she or her mom had any clue he was doing anything criminal, Rader’s daughter Kerri Rawson said, “No, my mom and I both said if we had had an inkling that my father had harmed anyone. let alone murdered anyone, Let alone 10, we would have gone screaming out that door to the police station."
You can watch the 20/20 special "My father BTK" tonight at 9 p.m. on WATE 6 On Your Side.
- Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- LCSO deputies catch two runaway horses on the run in Greenback
- Seymour VFD: One person airlifted after car crashed into tree in Knox Co.
- Rural Metro: Structure fire breaking out in North Knoxville Saturday morning
- KPD: One dead in wreck on I-40 near Papermill early Saturday morning
- Smoky Mountain Speedway opens with new track at 6th Annual Tennessee Tipoff Classic
- Police investigate reported shooting in West Knox County
- Morristown police seek armed robbery suspect
- Campaign roundup: Indiana mayor talks marriage, millennials
- The Latest: O'Rourke gives a nod to Sanders
- Helicopters rescue Norway cruise ship passengers amid storm
- Columbine families gather to tell stories nearly 20 years on
- Military IDs 2 US service members killed in Afghanistan
- The Latest: Barr decision on report to cause fireworks
- US reacts to end of Mueller probe with relief, skepticism