ATLANTA (AP) — Congressman John Lewis, a civil rights icon and the last of the Big Six civil rights activists led by the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr., died Friday at age 80. He is being remembered by congressional colleagues, civil rights leaders and former presidents as a “titan” of the struggle against racial discrimination.
- Unemployment rates rose in most Tennessee counties from September to October
- Narcotics search in Speedwell leads to four arrests
- Michael Jordan donates $2M from ‘The Last Dance’ proceeds to Feeding America
- Traveling abroad? The CDC now says you should get 3 coronavirus tests
- Dr. Anthony Fauci, essential workers among list of Time Person of the Year reader poll nominees