KEY WEST, Fla. – A group of scuba divers submerged 30 feet beneath the Atlantic Ocean’s surface in the Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary to take part in an underwater pumpkin carving contest.
Nearly two dozen artists used dive knives and other tools to craft their jack-o-lanterns.
Carvings included stingrays, an octopus, jellyfish, and traditional toothy grins.
They had to keep the naturally buoyant pumpkins from floating away while they carved.
Finned and gilled yellowtail snapper fish swam close to the action.
- TN Dept. of Health: 2,104 new cases of Coronavirus, 1,099 new recoveries
- Poison control officials warn of hand sanitizer that could be mistaken as children’s food pouches
- Second stimulus checks: Pelosi optimistic sides can agree on new aid package
- NFL legend Joe Montana stops home intruder who tried to kidnap his grandchild
- Cancer medications in short supply as hospitals battle COVID-19 south of the border