KEY WEST, Fla. – A group of scuba divers submerged 30 feet beneath the Atlantic Ocean’s surface in the Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary to take part in an underwater pumpkin carving contest.
Nearly two dozen artists used dive knives and other tools to craft their jack-o-lanterns.
Carvings included stingrays, an octopus, jellyfish, and traditional toothy grins.
They had to keep the naturally buoyant pumpkins from floating away while they carved.
Finned and gilled yellowtail snapper fish swam close to the action.
- TBI: 70-year-old man considered armed and dangerous in double homicide
- Knoxville mother loses two children to gun violence in less than two years
- KCSO: 1 dead, 1 injured in West Knox shooting
- Protests after video shows police car driving through crowd of pedestrians in Washington state
- Senate Republican leader McConnell offers support for power-sharing deal with Democrats