KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – The brand-new Haslam-Sansom Ministry sports complex will open Thursday in Knoxville.
The new facility operated by Emerald Youth Foundation is located on Texas Avenue in the Lonsdale neighborhood. It offers indoor and outdoor recreation areas including lighted soccer fields, a café, a gym as well as a college and career center.
Lonsdale-area Ministry Director Kevin Debose says the complex is a great addition to the community
“This was a dream,” Debose said. “We had long heard that there were young people who couldn’t get to other facilities and to have it just on a walkable scale. Hundreds of kids just can walk here, just makes it amazing.”
The grand opening for the complex takes place Thursday afternoon from 4-7 p.m.
- Puede Network brings Ivy League drive and leadership to underserved community
- 11 killed in bar shooting in Mexico’s most violent state
- Missouri woman who lost 11 friends and relatives to COVID-19 gives back to community
- Trump claims he paid ‘millions’ in taxes despite returns showing he paid $750 in 2016, no taxes some years
- UT releases comprehensive list of game day changes ahead of Saturday’s home opener