KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Work at Young-Williams Animal Center’s new pet resource center is nearing completion.
More than a dozen volunteers have pitched in at the shelter doing things like painting, building desks and installing tile and trim.
This renovation and expansion will help the shelter provide counseling and resources to pet owners who need it.
”We are so excited to provide for community pet owners as well as for our team,” said YWAC CEO Janet Testerman.
Young-Williams says they hope to be using this space by the end of this week or next week but we’re told there are still some more finishing touches to do.
- Video shows Colorado officer pointing gun at doctor’s head on his own property
- Five Guys employees fired, suspended after refusing service to police officers
- Poll shows second stimulus check needed to help Americans pay bills
- Sullivan County executive order: Mask mandate to go in effect July 12
- Rescuing a lost ‘Soul’ in Rutherford County