FORT PIERCE, Fla. (WGN) —Chicago Bears star Khalil Mack recently paid off everyone’s holiday layaway accounts at Walmart in his Florida hometown.
“We here at Walmart would like to thank the Khalil Mack Foundation for your generosity, and for making so many families happy for the holidays! Everyone is truly greatful (sic) for everything you have done for them,” the store said on Facebook.
His generosity didn’t stop there.
Last weekend, WGN reported that the Chicago Chargers’ U14 Pop Warner football team needed help getting to the Disney National Championship this week. Needing $5,000 by last Thursday, Mack quietly donated $2,000 to help the team reach their goal.
Mack and the Bears hope to keep their playoff hopes alive next Sunday against the Green Bay Packers.
- SEC announces new preseason football practice schedule
- Greeneville High School football cancels first game of the season, multiple players test positive for COVID-19
- Cardinals catcher Molina tests positive for COVID-19; names of other infected players released
- Athletics shut down ‘out of an abundance of caution’ at Greeneville middle, high school after some students test positive for COVID-19
- Titans’ top pick signed with Wilson removed from COVID list