KNOX COUNTY, Tenn. (WATE) – Knox County authorities responded to a crash with downed powerlines overnight.
Rural Metro firefighters and Knox County Rescue after a crash along Tazewell Pike near Henegar Road around 11 p.m. Luckily, no injuries are being reported.
Crews arrived to find a pickup truck that had crashed into a power pole, knocking down the utility lines.
Road crews have worked overnight to replace the pole and get lines off the ground. The driver of the truck was not injured. Tazewell Pike at Henegar Road is expected to be cleared at 7 a.m. Wednesday.
- Fall foliage in East Tennessee: When it peaks and what causes the leaves to change color
- SEC announces season start dates for men’s, women’s basketball
- Some COVID-19 restrictions lifted at UT-Knoxville after 10-plus days of case reductions
- Newsfeed Now: Ginsburg becomes first woman to lie in state at US Capitol, protests continue across the country
- Knox County reports 20th COVID-19 death in September, surpassing August toll