KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Investigators are working to determine the cause of a North Knoxville house fire early Tuesday.
Knoxville Fire Department responded to a house fire in the 1000 block of Thompson Place at 4:15 a.m. on Monday. When the crew arrived, flames were coming through the roof of the wood-framed home that had been converted into three apartments.
All three residents and their pets were safely outside when crews arrived. The upstairs tenant told fire officials that he woke to the smell of smoke before grabbing his pet and alerting the downstairs neighbors on the way out.
No injuries have been reported at this time. Fire investigators are on the scene to determine the cause. This is the third consecutive morning Knoxville Fire Department has extinguished a structural fire.
- TBI investigates after officer-involved shooting in Maryville
- Watch Live: Biden, Pres. Trump campaigns continue into the final weekend of the presidential race
- Watch out for these popular, but untrue stories from social media this past week
- Salt Life co-founder arrested after teen found dead in hotel room
- Quiz: How well do you know the White House families?