(CNN) – The salmonella outbreak linked to onions is growing.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says contaminated red, white, yellow and sweet yellow onions from Thomson International, Inc. have now affected 869 people in 47 states. Oklahoma, Louisiana and Vermont are the only states without cases.
No deaths have been reported.Giant Eagle recalls onions over salmonella concerns
The FDA says the onions shipped nationwide were sold under the following brand names:
- Thomson Premium
- TLC Thomson International
- Tender Loving Care
- El Competitor
- Hartley’s Best
- Onions 52
- Imperial Fresh
- Utah Onions
- Food Lion
The CDC has also added new products to the recall list, including cheese dips made with onions.
These were sold May 15 to August 6 at a variety of stores, including Kroger, Fred Meyers, and Fry’s and Smith’s.
- KCHD to schedule additional 1,000 COVID-19 vaccination appointments on Friday
- ‘Christ in the Smokies’ closure is latest in a series of changes for Gatlinburg community
- Gatlinburg’s Christ in the Smokies Museum closes, says lease bought by neighboring SkyLift Park
- Maryville teacher named to IXL 100 Elite Educators List
- TWRA encourages safety courses after 2020 saw most boating fatalities in decades