OAK RIDGE, Tenn. (WATE) – Oak Ridge firefighters responded to an overnight fire early Friday morning in which no injuries were reported.
Oak Ridge fire crews responded to the fire along Outer Drive near Ogden Lane. The call for the fire came in around 2:19 a.m.
City of Oak Ridge officials saying Friday evening that the first arriving units were on the scene of the fire within minutes, where firefighters found heavy smoke and fire coming from the house.
No one was home at the time of the fire.
There was significant damage to the residence, city officials said, with no injuries reported.
The cause of the fire is under investigation at this time.
Crews were on the scene for several hours to monitor for hot spots and the road remained closed during that time. Normal traffic resumed shortly after 3:00 p.m. Friday.
No word on how it got started or if anyone was involved. This is a developing story and we’ll continue to update the details as they become available.
- Biden team readies wider economic package after virus relief
- A Broadway performer on how he’s making it work during the pandemic
- Proposed bill aims to cut down on catalytic converter thefts in Tennessee
- Sheriff’s Office: Body found in Sevier County on Friday
- Lady Vols secure No. 3 seed in women’s SEC tournament following 88-54 win over Auburn