KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – The Knoxville Police Department identified the victim Wednesday morning is an East Knoxville shooting as Tashawn Forbes, 21.
KPD responded to reports of a shooting in the 3800 block of Selma Avenue just after 8 p.m. Tuesday. Forbes was found dead at the scene upon arrival.
After canvassing the area, officers located shell casings in the roadway, suggesting it was a drive-by shooting.
There are currently no suspects in custody.
A homicide investigation is underway by the KPD Violent Crimes Unit. This is a developing story and we’ll continue to update the details as they become available.
- Police find 192 rolls of toilet paper stashed in stolen SUV in Beverly Hills
- Coronavirus: Tennessee Army National Guard soldiers mobilized to combat COVID-19
- Coronavirus: Grand Canyon National Park closes to visitors
- UPDATE: ‘Armed and dangerous’ 19-year-old arrested in Church Hill
- Coronavirus in Knox: Nurse says lack of COVID-19 precautions prompted her to quit