KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Knoxville police are investigating after one woman was killed in a North Knoxville shooting Thursday.
It was later reported the shooting death had been a suicide.
KPD officers responded to a report of a shooting on the 1700 block of Edgewood Avenue just after noon Thursday to find a woman killed as a result of a gunshot wound.
The name of the victim has not yet been released.
At this time, KPD is not looking for any suspects. Circumstances of the incident are under investigation by KPD Violent Crimes Unit.
This is a developing story and we’ll continue to update the details as they become available.
- Package containing ricin and addressed to Trump intercepted by law enforcement
- SEC announces roster, positional guidelines for cancellations
- 2 Knox County commissioners co-sponsor resolution to limit power of board of health
- Tennessee reports 942 new COVID-19 cases, 1,801 new recoveries
- Second stimulus checks: Where we stand after Trump’s push for new direct payments