KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Knoxville police are investigating after one woman was killed in a North Knoxville shooting Thursday.
It was later reported the shooting death had been a suicide.
KPD officers responded to a report of a shooting on the 1700 block of Edgewood Avenue just after noon Thursday to find a woman killed as a result of a gunshot wound.
The name of the victim has not yet been released.
At this time, KPD is not looking for any suspects. Circumstances of the incident are under investigation by KPD Violent Crimes Unit.
This is a developing story and we’ll continue to update the details as they become available.
- Elizabethton couple remains in Japan, CDC says all cruise passengers likely exposed to coronavirus
- Tennessee lawmaker wants ‘chemical castration’ for sexual predator parolees
- TN bill pushes for better PTSD resources for firefighters
- ‘He died a hero’: Friends remember the firefighters who rushed into a CA library fire
- The Business Buzz: Sevierville Golf Club hosting job fair