UPDATE (3:30 p.m. Sept. 17) — The Knox County Sheriff’s Office has identified the man killed in a Tuesday night crash on Martin Mill Pike.
Thomas E. Robertson, 28, was pronounced dead at the scene. Robertson was driving at a high rate of speed and crossed the double yellow line striking a vehicle head-on.
The driver of the other vehicle, Kara M. Thomas, 28, was injured in the crash. Thomas was transported to the University of Tennessee Medical Center for treatment. No information on her status was given by KCSO.
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – The Knox County Sheriff’s Office is investigating a fatal two-car accident.
Knox County deputies responded to a crash on Martin Mill Pike at Mount Vista Drive just after 10:30 p.m. Monday.
One person was pronounced dead at the scene and another was transported to the hospital with what police believe to be critical injuries.
The identity of the victim has not been released.
Dispatch said Martin Mill Pike remains closed as they work to clean up the scene.
- SEE: Bizarre, twisting skyscraper proposed for Manhattan
- Trapped for 2 weeks, 11 workers rescued from China gold mine
- Authorities investigate blast at anti-gay California church
- Investigation underway after man died hours after getting COVID-19 vaccine
- GOP Rep. Madison Cawthorn, who contested election results, admits Biden victory wasn’t fraudulent