UPDATE (3:30 p.m. Sept. 17) — The Knox County Sheriff’s Office has identified the man killed in a Tuesday night crash on Martin Mill Pike.
Thomas E. Robertson, 28, was pronounced dead at the scene. Robertson was driving at a high rate of speed and crossed the double yellow line striking a vehicle head-on.
The driver of the other vehicle, Kara M. Thomas, 28, was injured in the crash. Thomas was transported to the University of Tennessee Medical Center for treatment. No information on her status was given by KCSO.
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – The Knox County Sheriff’s Office is investigating a fatal two-car accident.
Knox County deputies responded to a crash on Martin Mill Pike at Mount Vista Drive just after 10:30 p.m. Monday.
One person was pronounced dead at the scene and another was transported to the hospital with what police believe to be critical injuries.
The identity of the victim has not been released.
Dispatch said Martin Mill Pike remains closed as they work to clean up the scene.
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Knox County reports smallest 1-day case increase in September
- Former Titan, Vol Albert Haynesworth charged with domestic assault
- Titans suspend team activities after multiple players, staffers test positive for COVID-19
- Newsfeed Now: Countdown to the first Presidential Debate, California Wildfires, Carole Baskin, and more
- Belmont University preparing for final presidential debate