OAK RIDGE, Tenn. (WATE) — UPDATE: Oak Ridge officials have identified the suspect in Tuesday morning’s deadly hit-and-run.
The suspect, Christhian Ariel Ordonez-Alvarenza, 28, of Oak Ridge has been arrested.
Officials say he was detained shortly after the crash and later charged with leaving the scene of a crash involving a death, driving while unlicensed, filing a false police report and tampering with evidence.
UPDATE: The Oak Ridge Police Department has identified the victim of a fatal hit-and-run on Oak Ridge Turnpike as 48-year-old Donny L. McGhee, of Knoxville.
OAK RIDGE, Tenn. (WATE) – The Oak Ridge Police Department is investigating after a pedestrian was struck and killed in a hit-and-run early Tuesday morning.
A release from Oak Ridge Police said the deadly hit-and-run occurred in the 300 block of Oak Ridge Turnpike between Brussels Road and Bogola Road around 7 a.m. Tuesday.
Oak Ridge Turnpike reopened around noon. Traffic was redirected around the scene while the investigators evaluated the scene.
The identity of the victim won’t be released until the next-of-kin has been notified. No other information can be released at this time.
The investigation is ongoing.
Anyone with information that may help investigators is asked to call ORPD at (865) 425-4399. Crime tips can also be submitted online at http://oakridgetn.gov/department/ORPD/Home. Information can be given anonymously.
- ‘I think it was the right call,’ Knoxville gymnastic coach comments on Simone Biles dropping out of team finals
- Joey Jordison, founding member of Slipknot, dead at 46
- Five swimming events to be decided on Day 5 of Olympics
- County commissioners tell BrightRidge CEO they feel misled over Bitcoin mine
- ‘You’re killing me’: Video shows Colorado officer choking suspect for 39 seconds, court docs say