OAK RIDGE, Tenn. (WATE) — UPDATE: Oak Ridge officials have identified the suspect in Tuesday morning’s deadly hit-and-run.
The suspect, Christhian Ariel Ordonez-Alvarenza, 28, of Oak Ridge has been arrested.
Officials say he was detained shortly after the crash and later charged with leaving the scene of a crash involving a death, driving while unlicensed, filing a false police report and tampering with evidence.
UPDATE: The Oak Ridge Police Department has identified the victim of a fatal hit-and-run on Oak Ridge Turnpike as 48-year-old Donny L. McGhee, of Knoxville.
OAK RIDGE, Tenn. (WATE) – The Oak Ridge Police Department is investigating after a pedestrian was struck and killed in a hit-and-run early Tuesday morning.
A release from Oak Ridge Police said the deadly hit-and-run occurred in the 300 block of Oak Ridge Turnpike between Brussels Road and Bogola Road around 7 a.m. Tuesday.
Oak Ridge Turnpike reopened around noon. Traffic was redirected around the scene while the investigators evaluated the scene.
The identity of the victim won’t be released until the next-of-kin has been notified. No other information can be released at this time.
The investigation is ongoing.
Anyone with information that may help investigators is asked to call ORPD at (865) 425-4399. Crime tips can also be submitted online at http://oakridgetn.gov/department/ORPD/Home. Information can be given anonymously.
- The average new car sales price is $48K. We found options for less than $25K
- Cicilline to challenge Clyburn for leadership spot
- Netanyahu on Trump dining with Ye, Nick Fuentes: ‘Wrong and misplaced’
- Florida doctor accused of raping patients is found dead in ditch
- Toll lanes in Tennessee? State leaders considering options to replace declining gas tax revenue