OAK RIDGE, Tenn. (WATE) — UPDATE: Oak Ridge officials have identified the suspect in Tuesday morning’s deadly hit-and-run.
The suspect, Christhian Ariel Ordonez-Alvarenza, 28, of Oak Ridge has been arrested.
Officials say he was detained shortly after the crash and later charged with leaving the scene of a crash involving a death, driving while unlicensed, filing a false police report and tampering with evidence.
UPDATE: The Oak Ridge Police Department has identified the victim of a fatal hit-and-run on Oak Ridge Turnpike as 48-year-old Donny L. McGhee, of Knoxville.
OAK RIDGE, Tenn. (WATE) – The Oak Ridge Police Department is investigating after a pedestrian was struck and killed in a hit-and-run early Tuesday morning.
A release from Oak Ridge Police said the deadly hit-and-run occurred in the 300 block of Oak Ridge Turnpike between Brussels Road and Bogola Road around 7 a.m. Tuesday.
Oak Ridge Turnpike reopened around noon. Traffic was redirected around the scene while the investigators evaluated the scene.
The identity of the victim won’t be released until the next-of-kin has been notified. No other information can be released at this time.
The investigation is ongoing.
Anyone with information that may help investigators is asked to call ORPD at (865) 425-4399. Crime tips can also be submitted online at http://oakridgetn.gov/department/ORPD/Home. Information can be given anonymously.
- Newsfeed Now: Dead cat left in parking lot of Chinese American butcher’s shop; Ballet student goes viral on TikTok
- BLM launches Survival Fund to assist those in need waiting for federal pandemic relief
- Video shows plow driver and crew using old sled to rescue COVID-19 patient trapped by snow
- Baarack from the brink: Wild sheep rescued in Australia shorn of 77 pounds of fleece
- High school basketball player praised for act of kindness toward opponent