KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Pellissippi State Community College has partnered with Tuskegee Next to offer introductory aviation training to teens and young adults.
Students ages 16-20 can apply to take a 15-week Introduction to Aviation class at Pellissippi State’s Magnolia Avenue Campus this fall.
Students who participate in the class will learn what they need to know to sit for the Federal Aviation Administration basic knowledge written exam.
Pellissippi State officials say the aviation industry projects a need for 800,000 new pilots over the next 20 years.
The college hopes this program will help close the gap for women and minority pilots.
- BREAKING: State rests case in 2016 Thanksgiving double murder trial for man accused of dismembering parents
- Newsfeed Now: Burn victim goes viral on TikTok; Sonic employees go over & beyond for 7-year-old in Arkansas
- Weekly unemployment claims in Tennessee drop below 10,000 in first time since March
- Burn victim finds healing through social media trend
- Titans home game against Steelers to be rescheduled for later in the season