POLK COUNTY, Tenn. (WATE) – The Tennessee Highway Patrol is actively investigating after one person was found dead in a car submerged underwater in Polk County.
THP says one person was found dead inside a vehicle submerged underwater after crews responded to a car that went into the Parksville Lake off Highway 64 near MM 8 in Polk County just before noon Sunday.
This is an active investigation. The victim’s name has not been released pending notification of next of kin.
This is a developing story and we’ll continue to update the details as they become available.
- Report: Trump paid $750 in federal income taxes in 2016, 2017
- NAS Pensacola opens after securing safety from bomb threat
- Pregnant woman struck, killed by gunfire during argument with boyfriend, police say
- Trump’s pick to lead Homeland Security pressed on origins of family-separation policy
- Grandma dubbed ‘Zoom Karen’ goes viral after interrupting virtual class to blast BLM, Obama