SURGOINSVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – A woman was sent to the hospital for evaluation Sunday night following a water rescue in Surgoinsville.
The Hawkins County Rescue squad says they responded to assist The Church Hill Rescue Squad with reports of a person in the Holston River.
Emergency crews helped one person who had been in the water for some time, along with one kayaker who was assisting the individual.
The woman in the water was sent to the hospital for evaluation.
- Sevierville detectives still searching for person of interest in assault outside Walmart Market in June
- Sevierville Police searching for July 4 vehicle theft suspects
- Charlie Daniels Jr. speaks out on Facebook about death of dad
- Tennessee Coronavirus: No slowdown in growth of virus in state with 954 new cases
- KPD: Bystanders say several suspects fired nearly 30 rounds from a car on Cumberland Ave., no injuries reported