KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Knoxville Police said no injuries or damage has been reported after a small plane ran out of gas and was forced to make an emergency landing on the Interstate 640.
Police said the small plane made an emergency landing on I-640 East near Washington Pike Wednesday morning. No injuries were reported and neither cars nor the plane sustained any damage.
The plane was refueled and took off from the roadway around 10:45 a.m.
- Tennessee Coronavirus: State has had 196,139 COVID-19 cases and 2,454 deaths
- Reports of elderly exploitation in Tennessee up more than 50% from 2015 to 2019, state report says
- Human remains found at Campbell County home during welfare check
- Downtown Knoxville Alliance gives $250,000 boost to Fort Kid renovation
- Friends of the Knox County Public Library donate $50,000 on 50th anniversary