KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Police confirmed a homicide investigation is underway Monday morning after police discovered a man’s body in North Knoxville on Sunday.
Officers made the discovery around 10:30 p.m. Sunday along Geta Road while responding to a report of an individual lying in the grass.
20-year-old Tyrese Wyrick was found suffering from multiple gunshot wounds and was pronounced dead at the scene.
Investigators and forensic technicians responded to the scene. The investigation remains ongoing at this time.
Anyone with information on the shooting is urged to call the Crime Hotline at 865-215-7212 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Tips can also be submitted via Facebook message to the official KPD Facebook account (@KnoxvillePD).
- SEC announces initial COVID-19 safety protocols
- Sam McKenzie wins State House District 15, unseating incumbent Rep. Staples
- Pigskin Preview: Pigeon Forge
- 2 charged with abuse of a corpse in Sevier County
- US kids, parents perform DIY tests for coronavirus science