KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — The Knoxville Police Department is investigating a weekend shooting outside an apartment complex that injured a teen.
Officers responded to the shooting in the parking lot of Holston Oaks Apartment on Riverside Drive Sunday afternoon. No gunshot victim was found at the time, but two vehicles and an apartment building had been struck by gunfire. Multiple shell casings were also found in front of the complex.
- Shooting leaves one dead, another injured in McMinn County
- Gabby Petito timeline: Remains found in Wyoming fit description of missing 22-year-old
- Early morning shooting in Sevierville leaves one injured, police searching for shooter
- Police: 1 person injured in East Knoxville shooting
- DNA leads to arrest in 1974 murder of 22-year-old 7-Eleven clerk
While officers were on scene, police say a 17-year-old male arrived at Fort Sanders Regional Medical Center with a non-life-threatening gunshot wound.
At this time, it is believed the victim was involved in the shooting at the apartment.
This is a developing story. Download the WATE 6 News app for updates sent to your phone