MONROE COUNTY, Tenn. (WATE) – A McMinn County woman died Wednesday night after a crash Tennessee Highway Patrol said stemmed from a pursuit that started as a domestic situation at a Walmart.
The chase started in Sweetwater and ended in Madisonville after the vehicle ran a red light, hitting a second vehicle.
Elizabeth French was killed and her passenger, a man from Detroit, was injured. The driver and passenger of the second vehicle were also hurt.
- KCS: Cedar Bluff Preschool moving to ‘red attendance’ starting Jan. 19 through at least Jan. 25
- Powerball Jackpot increases to $730 million, 3 winning tickets worth $50,000 or more announced locally
- Faith leaders to address COVID-19 vaccine distribution among African American community
- Tennessee This Week: Rep. Burchett on Pres. Trump’s second impeachment
- How Betty White is celebrating her 99th birthday Sunday