HOLLYWOOD (WFLA) — For the first time ever, entertainment superstar Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson has publicly endorsed a presidential candidate.
Johnson, who says he’s a centrist who has voted for each party in the past, announced his endorsement of Joe Biden for president on his social media Sunday morning.
“Progress takes courage, humanity, empathy, strength, KINDNESS & RESPECT,” he said.
The tweet is accompanied by a video, where Johnson has a virtual sit-down discussion with Biden and running mate Kamala Harris.
“You guys are both obviously experienced to lead, you’ve done great things,” he said to the candidates. “Joe you’ve had such an incredible career, you’ve led, in my opinion, with great compassion, and heart, and drive, but also soul.”
Johnson deemed Harris a “certified bad ass,” citing her rise through the ranks from attorney to US Senator.
Johnson’s first question for Biden and Harris was, “How will you earn the respect of the American people?”
You can watch the video below.
- Protesters gather to oppose Knox County mandates
- Woman killed in Greeneville apartment fire, according to police
- Early voting continues Monday, new voting center opens on UT’s campus
- Steelers dominate early, hold off Titans for 27-24 win
- Trump’s support hits six month high in key battleground states