KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Tennessee Health Commissioner Dr. Lisa Piercey and Education Commissioner Penny Schwinn talk about safely returning to school this fall amid the coronavirus pandemic.
In the past three months, the Tennessee Department of Education has launched partnerships and resources to support districts, students and families during the pandemic and into the new school year like the PBS Summer Learning series, the Child Well-Being Task Force and more than 25 reopening toolkits and guidance documents.
- ‘Basic accountability’: Biden advocates for reform after Chauvin verdict
- 16-year-old girl killed in Ohio police shooting
- Global carbon emissions decreased by 6.4% amid COVID pandemic
- Tennessee GOP lawmakers push to require fetal remains be buried or cremated after abortion
- These are the new Apple products revealed Tuesday