NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) — A portion of Interstate 24 is closed after a semi truck hauling 40,000 pounds of dry noodles crashed near downtown Nashville Wednesday morning.
The crash happened at the ramp where I-24 merges with I-40 after the Silliman Evans bridge heading into downtown Nashville around 7:30 a.m.
No injuries were reported after the crash, which spilled a portion of the truck’s 40,000 pounds of noodles onto the roadway.
Clean up is expected to last for at least five hours as the cargo will have to be off-loaded before the truck can be towed away.
The roadway is not expected to fully reopen to traffic until 1 p.m.
- Trump accused of ‘weaponizing’ COVID response to split immigrant families
- KFC testing new ‘premium’ chicken sandwich
- White House announces Medicare plan to provide insulin for $35 a month
- NHL Commissioner: Regular season over, 24-team playoff in 2 cities
- US lawmakers introduce bill that would give billions to schools, libraries for internet access